Last Updated on Friday, 27 January 2017 13:01 Written by Tricia Holmquist
The recommended age for kindergarten students is five (5) years of age on or before Sept. 1.
Catholic students in our own parish will be given first consideration. Members of other parishes will be considered if space is available. Because we are a Catholic school and our purpose is to educate students in the Catholic faith, priority will be given to baptized Catholics. Applicants will be accepted based on readiness to enter our program, and will be determined by an entrance exam/interview, evaluation of applicant packet, and involvement in our parish.
Kindergarten readiness testing will take place on Thursday, February 9, 2017 from 8:30 am - 12:00 pm by appointment only. Please schedule an appointment through the school office
(562) 597-0819. Please check in at the school office on the day of testing.
Testing for incoming grades (other than kindergarten) is scheduled according to teacher availability. All scheduling is coordinated through the school office; please call (562) 597-0819.
In order for your child to be eligible for a testing appointment, you MUST bring the following items:
1. A completed Application for each child applying to the school. Please print clearly using a ballpoint pen.
2. A completed Records Release Form, for students applying for 1st - 7th grade.
3. A $25 non-refundable testing fee per student, if this is the child’s first year at OLR.
4. A copy of the child’s Birth Certificate.
5. A copy of the child’s Baptismal Certificate (if applicable).
6. A copy of the child’s First Holy Communion Certificate (if applicable).
7. A Letter of Reference from the present school grades 1st - 7th. Parents of kindergarten students should have current preschool fill out a student evaluation form.
8. Copies of Report Cards from past 2 years for students entering 2nd - 7th grades; kindergarten report card for students entering 1st grade.
9. A family snapshot; which will allow us to put a name to your faces (3x5 or 4x6).