Service Hours Opportunities
Last Updated on Tuesday, 19 May 2015 13:44
Service Hour Positions for 2015-2016
The following positions have been approved to meet the needs of the school community. All volunteers must be Virtus trained, LiveScan Fingerprinted, have a current "negative" TB test on file, and have read and signed an "Guidelines for Adults Working with Minors" form. Please see the next page for further details.
We need help in the following areas:
- Morning Playground and Carpool Supervision (Mon-Fri). Two-three dependable parents needed each morning from 7:20-8:00AM to help supervise the playground and carpool lane before school. If you can commit to 2 mornings a week that will can be the equivalent of one hour of service to the school each week.
- Lunchtime Playground Supervision (Mon-Fri). Two-three dependable parents are needed daily to help supervise the lunch tables and supervise the playground from 11:45AM-1:10PM. If you can commit to one day a week that will be the equivalent of one hour of service to the school per week.
- Afterschool Playground and Carpool Supervision (Mon-Fri). Two-three dependable parents needed each afternoon from 2:45-3:15PM to help supervise the playground and carpool lane after school. If you can commit to 2 afternoons a week that will can be the equivalent of one hour of service to the school each week.
- School Office Assistant (Mon-Fri) We need helpers each day from 11:45AM-1:15PM each day to help with secretarial duties, office work, answer phones, and help with health care (nursing "boo-boos).
- Library Volunteers-needed each day and to be arranged with the librarian.
- Kindergarten Classroom volunteers-needed each day and to be arranged with the teacher.
- Health Testing/Screenings Coordinator-one to two people with a background in healthcare (preferably nurses) who can assist in keeping the health records up to date and coordinate health screenings. Hours will vary.
- Rainy Day Volunteers-two to three people will be needed on rainy days to help in classrooms so that the teachers can have recess and lunch breaks.
Thank you! With your help and participation it will be a wonderful year. I look forward to serving you.
Mrs. Tricia Holmquist
All persons who are in contact with the school children MUST be:
- Virtus "Protecting God's Children" trained and certified
- LiveScan fingerprinted by the LA Archdiocese
- TB tested with a negative result (test is good for 4 years)
- Read and sign a "Guidelines for Adults Working with Minors" form
Although this sounds like a lot, it is in the best interest of ALL the children in the OLR parish community.
Fingerprinting is FREE! Please try to get fingerprinted if you will be volunteering and/or coaching at the school. Appointments are necessary and will fill quickly. Call the Religious Education Office at (562)597-3102(562)597-3102 for schedules and appointment.
It is my hope to get as many parents, grandparents and parishioners to get "Virtus" trained, so that we can have volunteers who can make a difference working in our school every day.